rus anson

today i discovered a new to me
photographer / storyteller...
her name is rosanna, and she
goes by rus.

i found her through the APA awards.
she won 1st place in the student
category. yes, she's a student at the
academy of art university in
san francisco.

i can't even to begin to articulate
how magical the work is that she
captures with the help of stylists,
assistants, hair and makeup, and
models.

she sounds like a beautiful spirit
too. from her about page ~ "i would
like to make people forget the
troubles of the world and concentrate
on their wishes and hopes." i did so
just by looking at her work.








below are some images from the september issue of 7x7. read about the behind-the-scenes here.







i especially love this one, since i have a thing for dressing trees.




and this reminds me so much of anthropologie's november catalog. don't you think?


 her work and blog.

8 comments:

Joyti said...

How beautiful!
I checked out her website, so lovely...and she already seems like a professional.

Phyllis said...

Such beautiful and magical images. I love the "dressed" tree also. And, yes, the Anthropologie November catalog was great. I always save my copies.

Kerry Pitt-Hart said...

hi joyti! i think so too. at first, i even thought she had mistakenly been put in the wrong category and that it was a typo!

Kerry Pitt-Hart said...

phyllis, i keep my catalogs too. so much inspiration in those pages.

oldflowers4me said...

every photo is so yummy...

Joyti said...

...I just wanted to wish you a happy New Year :)

Kerry Pitt-Hart said...

how sweet of you joyti! i hope this year is everything you hope it to be.
xox

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Thank you for your happy new year wish,Kerry!
So sweet of you..and I wish you all i ever can imagine !

xox Ingrid

Related Posts with Thumbnails