exhaustive search for something within our price range that would fit up a narrow stairway.
once we removed the legs, we hauled her upstairs to the front sitting room where i refinished her.
my inspiration for this project was a sofa covered in bennison linen via cote de texas...
and this image taken by melanie acevedo.
the printed linen fabric came from joann's and online fabric store. i took a chance on the possibility of getting two different dye lots
by splitting up the yardage because the price couldn't be beat, however i don't recommend doing this. thank god, they matched.
i used 3 books to help get me through this (see below) and got a little help from shelly at ModHomeEc.
next time...should i ever do this again...i'll get a proper stapler to replace this one, and instead of working directly on top of a wool rug,
i'll put down a drop cloth, so i don't spend hours picking up staples!
there were times when i thought i was in way over my head and i contemplated sending it out to a professional. btw, if you're reading this
and do this for a living, i have great respect for what you do!
i cried...yes i did, and i have a few war wounds from the ply grip (this guy makes it look so easy.)
my first upholstery project ever, but totally worth it.
paint for the legs $8
ply grip $3
cord for welt $2
cambric for the bottom dust cover $2
reupholstering at home
singer upholstery basics